Serving size: 1pp – Prep time: 20min – Cook time: 25min – Total time: 45min
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 slice deli mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice deli swiss cheese
- 6 -8 “Farmer’s Own” taro root stick
- 5 bacon slices
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs. parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 º F.
- In a baking sheet, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake the “Farmer’s Own” taro root fries for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag (gallon-sized). Using a rolling pin or meat tenderizer, flatten chicken breasts until they’re about 1/4 inch thick. Season with salt and pepper on both sides and set aside.
- Lay out the pieces of bacon on plastic wrap, touching, side by side.
- Place flattened chicken on top of bacon strips. Layer the cheese slices in the center of the chicken, away from the edges. Place the taro root sticks in the center on top of the cheese.
- Starting with the bottom end, roll up the chicken breast. With the seam side of the chicken facing up, wrap pieces of bacon around it so that the ends of the bacon are tucked beneath the chicken. Wrapping this way should secure the bacon keeps the chicken wrapped.
- Then pull the chicken toward you and the edge of the plastic wrap, wrap it tightly pulling upwards until you reach the top. Twist plastic at the ends of the roll creating a watertight package.
- Refrigerate the chicken for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a 9×13 baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165º F.
- While the chicken is baking melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don’t let it brown — about 2 minutes. Add the milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add garlic powder, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
- Turn oven to broil for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve slice, drizzle the sauce and top with parsley.